Pages

Mar 2, 2009

How i met our New Kids on the Block (aka: I'm not stalking, just following) PART I

As i promised a few of you, I have to share my stalking...hmmm... sorry- following story.
For some reason i didn't find the time to do it here before, I don't think it's a matter of time tough, I think I just know that once it's out there is out of my hands and I can't tell it again (and again and again) so I was trying to hold on to it but here you have it: My own private story.

I got to Amsterdam on Jan 30 and the concert was on Feb 3rd. The plan was: Friday- Sunday: tourism. Monday morning: shopping, Monday night: meeting blockehads. Tuesday: Stalk.. hmm.. following and concert. So much for plans...
Friday started as planed, just did what people do in Amsterdam, you know. museums, coffee (haven't they heard about milk?? and sweetener!?!??! for crying out loud!!!) and well.. you know, all the other Amsterdam LEGAL activities. Everything was going well, Ii managed to be a tourist and have some real fun (and buy 2 coats).
Friday and Saturday were cold as hell but it didn't stop me from having some Amsterdam fun and from searching for NKOTB concert signs (3 in the whole city) I was happy , it looked like my NKOTB addiction didn't take over me and I was actually able to enjoy the city.
Sunday morning we decide to visit Heineken experience (Tip: if you have no change the tram driver will let you in for free). We had a couple of beers and I get a text msg: "The guys are landing in Amsterdam in like 2 hours". And that was the end of my normality.... I left the place and was making my way to the airport coz hell!! I was gonna meet the guys and nothing or anyone was going to stop me....
Well.. something stopped me: I had no freaking change so I had to go stand in line to buy a train ticket when I realized it was a while ago that I got the msg and they are probably in town by now.
But i was unstoppable (some Ritalin would have helped...) anyways, after consulting some local blockheads we figured there are a few hotels they can be at. So I picked one of them and just waited patiently.. well.. actually it wasn't that I waited patiently but I just froze and was unable to move my legs and run for my life..Another foreign blockhead joined me and after 3 hours we kindda understood we were in the wrong place, but NOTHING was going to stop us!! After realizing that if we start moving we will be able to save some organs from freezing we decided to go to another hotel, hey, whats better than a 25 minutes walk when the temperature outside is like -9 degrees? ( 15.8 Fahrenheit). OH!!!I KNOW WHAT'S BETTER!! finally finding a Concert sign and taking a picture with it ( how can you know my brain froze? coz i didn't steal the sign!!) .
To make a loooooooooong story short: they where not in that hotel either .So the situation was: I came from Israel, ruined a whole touristic day, froze to death and didn't find the boys. I was so frustrated!! knowing they where in the same little town as I was and not knowing where. Thank god that night I meet another blockhead and we had some fun so I was able to forget the frustration for like 2 hours.
Monday morning: I decide (again) that I'm going to behave like a 30 year old woman and go do some shopping and have some fun.. hmm..... plans changed when I got a msg from someone saying "Jon was spotted by the "Hard Rock Cafe". So I sent the info to our NKOTB C.I.A and we figured the area of the hotel they will be probably staying at.. but hey, there are like 8 freaking Hotels there.
Now let me tell you, when I say C.I.A. I mean : someone on the net, maps and phones, me searching the streets, someone else searching a different part of the city and a few more looking at hotels.. Let me tell you, if we lived 65 years ago, Hitler wouldn't have survived more than 5 minutes hiding)
4:00 PM, another blockhead and me walk for like an hour around the area where we think they are and NOTHING! 8:00 PM finally!!! the blockhead meeting. A few of us decided previously to meet that night to have a drink and some fun, so we did meet at the bar and indeed had some fun. I recall a brave blockhead making the barman play SINGLE..
At around 10:00 pm, my friend and I decide to go home, but on our way home we decide to check 2 more hotels.. on our way we met 2 other blockheads that where doing as we were ... we were disappointed and tired (and COLD, did I mention FREAKING COLD??!). Anyways we are walking just 100 meters (in front actually) from were we've been sitting all night long and then.... MAGIC HAPPENS
(To be continued... he he he)

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

6 תגובות:

intira said...

Just come to visit and say hi
Great post,I'm waiting for the next article

Anonymous said...

lol... I'm lmao here, can't wait for the next post

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I love the way you tell stories. You really have a good thing going on with your writing skills.

(Mel From CA)

Anonymous said...

OMJ!!
You are such a lucky girl..you got to see the guys, yay!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you've made a blog reader out of me... never thought this could happen LOL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Which hotel NKOTB finally were? Did you find out that later?

Post a Comment