Pages

Mar 19, 2009

Nashville review



It’s been 15 years since New Kids On The Block split up and 17 years since they last played Nashville. But you'd never know it, judging by the massive crowd that packed Sommet Center for their concert Monday night.

The fans were mostly female and just a teeny bit older, but they acted like they were preteens again when NKOTB took the stage.


“The fans are just as wild,” says Jordan Knight. “I think we made an impression on our fans when they were really young, and when we do a show those feelings come out, even when you’re older. Its like hearing a song. We all do it. I know I do it when I hear old songs -- it brings me right back to that moment and I get the same feelings. Like I said, our show is like an escape from reality. It's an escape from the mundane, day-to-day life that we all live, so you come and you have a free pass to go wild, or dance or cry or laugh and sing. It’s a great time.”

Indeed, it was as if no time had passed at all. The guys, who are still gorgeous, performed for nearly three hours, dancing and singing the whole way through without ever seeming out of breath.

Looking across the sea of screaming fans rocking side ponytails and crimped hair and decked out in neon T-shirts emblazoned with the boy’s faces, I couldn’t help but feel like I was 12 years old again at Starwood Amphitheatre. The whole scene made me weak in the knees and I found myself squealing with glee from start to finish.

David Kells, Sommet Center marketing director, summed it up best when he said, “You know, there’s going to be a lot of moms who won’t be able to scream at their kids tomorrow.”

0 תגובות:

Post a Comment