Pages

Mar 12, 2009

Reflection on NKOTB.

Did you ever have one those days when you wake up smiling and then you walk all day like in a cloud? Those days when the weather is just perfect and everything happens exactly how you planed? Like the whole universe is on your side? Yeah, the days when you feel like thanking god for everything in your life? The kind of days where you know that the only thing missing in your life is Jordan?!!!
Well, that WASN'T my day!!! let's just say I'm glad I made it home without getting run over by a huge group of elephants, and without doing any major damage to anything. Yep,I am having the kind of day when whatever you touch gets broken, any plan that you have is changed or canceled, and no matter how hard you try to do something- it goes wrong!!
And why am I telling you that? Well first of all coz this is MY blog so I get to post whatever I want!!! Then I am also a girl so I'm entitled of complaining out loud and looking for pity.
But srsly, I just realized on my way back from work that NKOTB have the special ability of making me smile no matter what. I often feel like our guys are so underestimated, like most people around me say "oh New kids on the block, the boy band from the eighthes?"and they make that weird face that I'm sure you have seen. Really most people haven't even heard them, they just remember a glimpse of a video from back then, or they associate them with cheap trashy music. Why? coz they are five extremely good looking dudes, and they don't yell, or have big paparazzi " e channel"scandals. They are really just five regular guys that happen to make wonderful music. But you have to be able to let yourself really hear them not only with your ears but also with your heart and not judge them because of what you think they are- without even listening to them.
For me they are something else, they are the ones that can make a completely crappy day into something good just by "dirty dancing"in my ears. They can take me to places far away from where I am with something as simple as they're voices.
Those five guys have brought so much joy into my life and into so many lives of so many people that sometimes I get really mad when people give me the "oh no not NKOTB" look. I mean, most people will never ( I think) be able to reach the joy that us, Blockheads, feel when we go to a concert or even see a new video. Most people will keep on staying in the schemes they know , schemes that say that five guys on a stage is not cool unless they have some heavy bass guitars. Most people will keep missing on one of the biggest pleasures in life - having Nkotb on your music player after a long day at work. And yes, most people might think I am crazy, I'm dumb, or just have bad taste in music but you know what? I DON'T FREAKING CARE ABOUT WHAT MOST PEOPLE THINK. Coz srsly, they so don't get it that sometimes i feel like I am wasting my time trying to explain.
So instead of explaining to those who don't get it, I rather remind those who do get it how lucky we all are that this is happening to us, that the kids are back on the block (sorry, had to use that) that they are still the great people they once used to be, and most of all that we get to share this with them and with one another.
And in the words of Donnie:
"Yeah, people keep on fronting on the Beantown posse,
but it's time to step up to the stand,
'cause we ain't going out like that.
Back, huh, stronger than ever, did you think we'd sever?
Never, we're too clever to be taken down clown
by your ignorant state of mind, I ain't blind but
every time I look I find you dissin' a mission that
strictly be righteous, we gotta fight this so now I think I might just
take a stand, man, like never before, and I'm sure
that we'll endure so now it's time to even the score
I hear you knocking me but you ain't shocking me
'cause jealousy is telling me that you're just jocking me
so keep on talking skee, with pride I'm walking see,
because on anybody's block is where I'm gonna be rockin' gee.
Don't play those games, oh, ee, oh, oh, oh, stop playing those games"

1 תגובות:

Anonymous said...

You are so right girl!
People that don't get it are just missing a hell of a lot
bty, i love your blog

Post a Comment