Pages

Apr 19, 2009

A request from my fellow Blockheads


So it is this time of the year again, when our boys have they're well deserved time off and we get to deal with our NKOTB withdrawals.
I remember last time they where on a break, a few months ago, Jordan posted on myspace something about people picking into his windows at home and also disturbing his mother. Personally I think that people that do that kind of things are sick , not to mention breaking the most important right a human being (and as amazingly gorgeous as our boys are-they are still human) has: the right for privacy.
Anyways, I'm writing this to request from all of us to please behave during those few weeks the guys have to spend with they're families.Please, let's give them the space they need. Let's let them live some kind of normal life.
I don't know about you but I want them here for a long ride and not to get sick and tired of crazy fans after the summer tour. I want them to stay around for a while but in order to do so , the guys need ( i think) they're time off.
Can you imagine how hard it must be for a father of 2 young kids to be spending most of this year away from home, not seeing his kids grow, not dealing with homework, missing soccer games, etc?. I can only imagine the sacrifice they are doing to spend so much time making US happy.
Sure, I'm not naive, I know this is they're job, i know this is the deal they all signed for, but as they said several times, they don't NEED this, they could all live happily and quietly at home but instead they choose to come back, and they choose to add more dates when we never dreamed about it, they choose to spend time with us, to let us take pictures, talk to us, for crying out loud- they are freaking twittering us!!
Now don't get me wrong, I think that while they are on tour the terms change, when they are on tour it is OK to be a crazy bus stalker ( in Jon words) it is OK to ask for a picture and a autograph (ASK- not take if you don't ASK), I'm not gonna lie to you,if you read my blog you know that I did take pics with them in Amsterdam and I did meet them at the hotel, but never in a disrespectful way and NEVER when they where on they're time off. But I think that when they are not on tour it is they're own private time. A time to dedicate to they're families, they're other jobs... etc.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we want them around for a long time we need to respect they're rights as human beings and just let them be while they are not on tour...
I just don't want them to get tired of "too much"attention and make us wait for another 15 years to go see them on stage,
And you know what? even more.. i just don't want 5 people i love so much to feel uncomfortable or intimidated.. i want them to enjoy this journey as much as I am enjoying it (and i have only been to 1 concert) and I want them to be able to have grown-up lives.
And another thing: I'm so proud to call myself a Blockhead, srsly, only a few times in life you get to be a part of such an amazing group of ppl and i would hate it if the great prestige we have will be ruined by some crazy ppl behaving like stupid 12 year old fans ( and I'm not saying all 12 year olds are stupid).
So plz, let's keep it real and let's have fun!!!!
Long live the Block!!

1 תגובות:

Kerri said...

here, here.
awesome post :)

Post a Comment