Pages

May 12, 2009

Trying to keep it real.. Aka.. it might sound like I'm lecturing you but I'm not


Let me start saying that I feel so so bad for the girls that got concerts canceled/changed and now are unable to go. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter if it was your first of your 100000 show, I'm sure you had expectations, dreams and hopes about the concerts and the truth is that it might sound dramatic but I can't even imagine how bad you feel. For realz, I don't know how would I be feeling if my Amsterdam dream - concert back in February was canceled. I know some of you, specially the ones coming over seas and I know the last thing you wanna do is be mad at NKOTB.. I know my sistahs.. you girls are amazingly better than that.
I guess that's why I was so shocked to read some comments ppl had about this issue. Once again, you might say that it is easy to me to be in the "stay cool"position as I was not going to any concerts ( well.. unless Jordan flies me up there that is...*wink*) but well.. I feel like some things need to be said:
First of all I'm sure the change of plans was done really coz there was no other choice, as Jon said, I don't think the guys are happy about the changes either, and as a matter of fact I bet they are as mad as some of they're own fans.
But ppl please let's remember why are we here, we are here coz the LOVE for NKOTB brought us here, coz we LOVE the guys, we LOVE the music and most of all, and I feel like I'm speaking for like 99.9999% of the Blockheads: WE TRUST THE GUYS.
So we should know that if something like this happens it is coz there was really no other choice.
Lately I have read so many nasty comments to them about the "International fans issue"(Hello!!!!!! I am writing this freakin' blog from Israel and now tell me I'm not a dedicated fan just coz I wasn't born on Uncle's Sam land) And now this!??!!?
I really feel like the guys are really doing a lot for us. I mean, if they wanted to they could do like most bands do: just a quick "hello we are back and we want your money" Tour.. they could charge 150 usd for the regular tickets and they know they will still have sold out concerts. They could decide they Don't travel to Europe.. they could say "F#%ck you all!! we ain't going to Australia just coz a couple of crazy fans want us there"(Love you Australians!!!!) And hell!! they could be spending the summer with they're families, recording solo records, filming, resting and living the good life..
But
They are not doing all that and maybe I am too naive (If you know me you know you can call me lot of things but naive ain't one of them) But i really believe from deep in my heart that the guys do everything that they do just coz they wanna give back, coz when they say that fans are the 6th member of the group they mean that.
I really feel like sometimes us, the fans, get too demanding and we forget that they don't OWE us anything. They don't have to do like over 100 concerts in less than a year to make us happy... they do it coz THEY CARE... They don't have to give away tickets , they do it coz THEY CARE. they don't have to twitter to keep us happy when they are with they're families... BUT THEY DO
That, my fellow blockheads is FREAKIN' LOVE!!!
And for me NKOTB always has been about the love, and I believe that for 99.9999% of all of us so please please let's not allow the 0.0000001% ruin this amazing journey for us.
I'm sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing but This is what I had in mind when I woke up this morning and since this is my blog.. i get to write whatever i feel like writing ;-)
Lots of Love to my fellow Blockheads.. specially to the ones that got they're dream crushed...
I do believe you will still get your chance to fulfill your dream... good things happen.. I mean.. did you think 2 years ago that you will ever get to listen to a new NKOTB album? Did I think a year ago that I will be able to go see the guys? and yet.. GOOD THINGS DID HAPPEN..
In Hebrew we say that everything happens for a reason and that bad things happen only to let us enjoy the good stuff that comes after.. and well...
Ok, enough preaching...

0 תגובות:

Post a Comment