Pages

Feb 20, 2009

Dreams do come true


Hmmm
So i wonder how do i summarize 20 years of waiting and knowing it is only a dream that can NEVER come true, then 6 months of knowing it can come true just not for me,. then 2 months knowing that OMG MY FREAKING GOD- IT IS HAPPENING TO ME, and then. 6 amazing days in Amsterdam, 2 of them with great new friends and 2 hours of a concert I've been waiting for 2/3 of my life?
OK, let's get this thing started.

Sometime around September i got a youtube link in Hebrew about something that had the word "Jordan" on it, then i decided to go see what my beloved Jordan Knight was doing.... and BOOOOOOOMMM lot's of videos about the reunion showed up. Now i can tell the truth: I CRIED!! i swear i did!! i was so sad when it ended back in 1994, that i couldn't believe it. And they came back just in time, just when i needed something really good in my life to cheer me up, to remind me of good things (am i getting to "girly" here?) At that specific moment my life changed, i spend hours in front of the computer drinking every word written about or by them, i found the amazing boards where people are as crazy as me for them and i hoped i will get to see them. As time went by i decided that my childhood dream must come true so i have to find a way to do the 5* (since my credit card wasn't issued in Europe or USA,Canada or Mexico... ILAA people think my money is not good enough so i cant but a ticket) Thats when i found Lydia. Someone i have never meet before that trusted me enough (well and i trusted her) to actually help me buy a ticket.. my new Hero...lol.

As time went by all my thoughts started getting in the "oh my god" direction, i spent hours in this and nkotbfans boards, nights in search of new NKOTB (specially Jordan) footage and counting down the days to my (coz man it was MY concert).

And time arrived, it happened sooner that i thought, and i was so ready for it!!!!. Before i knew it i was walking the freezing streets of Amsterdam and texting people i have never meet before (still have to get the cellphone bill .. if anyone wants to share...lol). I was walking THE SAME streets the guys where walking, it was killing me to know that they where so close and yet so far. The night before the concert i meet some really nice blockheads, and we got to share our stories and anxieties together, it was great to be sitting with people from all over the world that i felt knew exactly how i feel. so THANX girls!! it was an amazing night!!!.

That very night i got lucky enough to meet Jon. I walked to him and said :sorry to bother you but i came all the way from Israel to say "hi" so "hi". he looked at me shook my hand and said "woow from Israel- you deserve a hug" and gave me a great big bear hug. I said something dumb like "say hi to your bro for me" he said he will and i asked for a hug to take to my sister, and he gave me a great big one again. I said thanx and good night and was the happiest woman alive, Jon was my first favorite. he's actually the reason that got me into NKOTB, only a few months later i moved to his bro.That night i also saw Jordan for the first time in my life, i prepared myself for that moment and i promised i wont act like an hysterical 12 year old, I told myself that it is HIS time to do what HE wants, he's not on stage, he's having his private time and I'm not allowed to do anything about it. But something happened, i thought : "if you don't get to talk to that man you will regret it for the rest of your life" and god knows I'm good at not doing things and then regretting it. So after one hour of sitting like 2 meters from him, without even noticing i got up, walked to him and made a fool of myself. yep, thats how i felt then and thats how i feel now... I did give him a flash memory with all the funny captions and the "odes to shirtless Jordan" as i promised my friends here and he did take it but i felt like a 12 year old, so lame.... i didn't really sleep that night .. went trough that meeting in my head over and over again and felt worse,
Morning came.. CONCERT DAY. The day was a weird mix of happiness, anxiety and sadness (ill explain later). Before i knew it Lydia, Becks and myself where freezing our butts on the line for the 5*. MY DREAM WAS ABOUT TO COME TRUE!!! I don't know what will i have done if i didn't have Lydia and Becks around, i would have gone bananas ( i kindda went anyway i think).
Then everything happened so fast, it was like 5 minutes, Boom!! I'm in line for the meeting. Boom I'm in the room getting a hug from Jordan and asking if its OK to stand by him for the picture. Boom! i talk to him for like one minute before i hear Jon saying from the other side of the room "ISRAEL IS IN THE HOUSE" Boom!! we are taking the picture! Boom! I run to Jon, he hugs me and i whisper to him "you know you where my first love? my dad used to hate you" and he laughs.
Now that was it i was the happiest woman alive, i didn't mind standing for two hours while a very bad DJ played music, i didn't care my feet were killing me. i didn't care anything. I was about to be in a NKOTB concert.
And once again,,, before i knew it "15 years ago they walked away....." and it started, two of the happiest hours in my life, for sure the happiest hours i had in the last year. they went fast, i can remember only parts of it. I remember Jordan and Donnie noticing my sign, i remember crying in "ill be loving you forever" and in "if you go away"
Before i knew it it was "hanging tough" and that was it. I think i told that to my friends back then but the feeling was "i can now die a happy woman" it's true- thats how i felt. That night i also got to take a picture with Jordan, once again i felt stupid to approach him but i knew i had to and i did it with class and not like the night before.
And then it was ALL over.
My childhood dream had come true. And thats the sad part. 20 years I've been dreaming about those 2 hours, hoping they will happen, preparing myself for it and then- before i knew it it was over. And i was (still am) so sad. For the last months the fuel that got me going was the fact that i was going to do it and now, when it's over i have to find something else to focus on... hmm.. maybe .. hmmm.. a fall concert on Europe????. Really I'm sitting here and actually thinking that this is it, now i have to go back to reality, from dreamland back to reality and it is a hard landing the one I'm having.
So yep, I've learned something very important during this journey: DREAMS WHERE MEANT TO BECOME REALITY. And better yet I AM THE ONE THAT CAN MAKE THEM COME TRUE. And you know what, a 30 year old woman as me should know that, I'm not dumb, i have a pretty good life, i should have known that before but the last year has been crappy for me and i guess i needed a reminder for that and NKOTB where there to remind me.
So i don't think I'm able to express in words ( and in English) how thankful i am to our 5 guys for coming back into my life.
And how tankful i am to my new blockhead friends for being a part of it...
Now i only hope i get to do a re-run in the fall!!

2 תגובות:

twilightxedward said...

that is so great. I hope I have a good experience at mine too :)

Anonymous said...

Hiya :) Great job btw :D

Post a Comment